Tanzania Safari Tours have three safari round, and each one of them, in its own right,can make Tanzania a top-class wildlife destination. The popular Northern round with the Serengeti and Ngorongoro Crater offers one of the best thrilled and classical safaris in Africa, possibly if timed with the annual wildebeest migration.
Pros & Cons
- Superb wildlife viewing, including the annual wildebeest migration in the Serengeti
- Off-the-beaten-track safaris in Nyerere and Ruaha parks
- Several wildlife viewing circuits for repeat visits
- Best chimp trekking in Africa in Gombe and Mahale Mountains
- Beach holiday extensions in Zanzibar
- Traditional indigenous cultures
- Relatively expensive safari destination
Some popular parks can be crowded
The best time to visit Tanzania is during the Dry season, from late June to October, when wildlife viewing is generally at its best. The wildebeest migration in the Serengeti is usually during June and July and the time to see the wildebeest calving is late January to February. The southern and western circuit parks are best visited during the Dry season (June to October), unlike the more popular northern circuit parks that can be visited year-round.